Thursday, April 18, 2013

Michelle & Kevin - Jefferson Memorial Sunrise Engagement Photography

I am not a morning person. Period.

But I will confess, that small window of time right as the sun pops above the horizon is my favorite time of day. Maybe it's because I don't see it very often... that seems reasonable. It holds a little magic for me - the promise of a new day, the calm before the storm, yada yada yada. Anyway, Michelle and Kevin opted to do their engagement photos at sunrise, mostly because it would have been craziness to do it later in the day with all the cherry blossom traffic. Even at 6:15 in the morning, it was INSANE the amount of people around the Tidal Basin and Jefferson Memorial. I mean, who are these people up that early on a Sunday morning? Ha. But I'm SO glad we beat the big crowds and even managed to find a few cherry blossoms and magnolia blooms hanging on for dear life. The light was perfect, and Michelle and Kevin didn't yawn once! :)

















2 comments:

Dani said...

So pretty!!!!! Love the one where you can see the whole memorial. And while I am thankful most of my couples like to sleep in, you are so right about that light. It is gorgeous. :-)

tPoz said...

as much as I DETEST mornings, I adore sunrise sessions too! I lovvvve the ones with the sun peeking through the memorial columns! beautiful session!!